Try these publications by the dblp team:
- Florian Reitz, Oliver Hoffmann:
Learning from the Past: An Analysis of Person Name Corrections in the DBLP Collection and Social Network Properties of Affected Entities. The Influence of Technology on Social Network Analysis and Mining 2013: 427-453
- Florian Reitz:
Learning From the Past of a Digital Library - Using Historical Metadata to Study the Development of Collections. Trier University, Germany 2018
There are also hundreds of publications that use dblp as a data set for original research. You may want to start looking here:
- search dblp for papers with title key word "dblp"
- search Semantic Scholar for "dblp"
- search Google Scholar for "dblp"
- search MS Academic Search for "dblp"