Stop the war!
default search action
AMIA 1999: Washington, DC, USA
- AMIA 1999, American Medical Informatics Association Annual Symposium, Washington, DC, USA, November 6-10, 1999. AMIA 1999
- Augusto V. Agoncillo, José L. V. Mejino Jr., Cornelius Rosse:
Influence of the Digital Anatomist Foundational Model on traditional representations of anatomical concepts.
- Hans Åhlfeldt, Margareta Ehnfors, Lisa Ridderstolpe:
Towards a multi-professional patient record-a study of the headings used in clinical practice.
- Udo Altmann, Ali Gerhard Tafazzoli, Guido Noelle, T. Huybrechts, Ralf Schweiger, Werner Wächter, Joachim Dudeck:
Combining dictionary techniques with extensible markup language (XML)-requirements to a new approach towards flexible and standardized documentation.
- Suzanne Bakken, Margaret Cashen, Ann O'Brien:
Evaluation of a type definition for representing nursing activities within a concept-based terminologic system.
- Robert H. Baud, Anne-Marie Rassinoux, Patrick Ruch, Christian Lovis, Jean-Raoul Scherrer:
The power and limits of a rule-based morpho-semantic parser.
- Philip J. B. Brown, Colin Price:
Semantic based concept differential retrieval & equivalence detection in clinical terms version 3 (Read Codes).
- Mats Carlsson, Jeremy Rogers, Hans Åhlfeldt:
Aggregation and reclassification-assessment of GALEN methods in the domain of thoracic surgery.
- X. M. Chi, K. Pavilcek:
A hypergraphic model of medical informatics: curriculum development guide.
- Christopher G. Chute, Peter L. Elkin, David D. Sherertz, Mark S. Tuttle:
Desiderata for a clinical terminology server.
- James J. Cimino, Timothy J. McNamara, Terri Meredith, Carol A. Broverman, Karen C. Eckert, Michael Moore, David J. Tyree:
Evaluation of a proposed method for representing drug terminology.
- Robert H. Dolin, Liora Alschuler, Fred M. Behlen, Paul V. Biron, Sandy Boyer, Daniel J. Essin, Lloyd Harding, Tom Lincoln, John E. Mattison, Wes Rishel, Rachael Sokolowski, John Spinosa, Jason P. Williams:
HL7 document patient record architecture: an XML document architecture based on a shared information model.
- Dermot Dunne, Christopher G. Chute:
Detailed content and terminological properties of DSM-IV.
- Peter L. Elkin, Kent R. Bailey, Philip V. Ogren, Brent A. Bauer, Christopher G. Chute:
A randomized double-blind controlled trial of automated term dissection.
- Marcelo Fiszman, Wendy W. Chapman, R. Scott Evans, Peter J. Haug:
Automatic identification of pneumonia related concepts on chest x-ray reports.
- A. Gouveia Oliveira, Nuno Salgado:
A database system for integrated clinical trial management, control, statistical analysis and ICH-compliant reporting.
- Natalia Grabar, Pierre Zweigenbaum:
Language-independent automatic acquisition of morphological knowledge from synonym pairs.
- Huanying Gu, Yehoshua Perl, James Geller, Michael Halper, Li-min Liu, James J. Cimino:
Modeling the UMLS using an OODB.
- Gilad J. Kuperman, Julie M. Fiskio, Andrew S. Karson:
A process to maintain the quality of a computerized knowledge base.
- Peter M. Kuzmak, Ruth E. Dayhoff:
The VA's use of DICOM to integrate image data seamlessly into the online patient record.
- Lee Min Lau, Siew Hong Lam:
Applying the desiderata for controlled medical vocabularies to drug information databases.
- Luis N. Marenco, Prakash M. Nadkarni, Emmanouil Skoufos, Gordon M. Shepherd, Perry L. Miller:
Neuronal database integration: the Senselab EAV data model.
- Alexa T. McCray, Russell F. Loane, Allen C. Browne, Anantha Bangalore:
Terminology issues in user access to Web-based medical information.
- José L. V. Mejino Jr., Cornelius Rosse:
Conceptualization of anatomical spatial entities in the Digital Anatomist Foundational Model.
- Colin Price, K. Briggs, Philip J. B. Brown:
Segmenting healthcare terminology users: a strategic approach to large scale evolutionary development.
- Anne-Marie Rassinoux, Robert H. Baud, Patrick Ruch, Béatrice Trombert Paviot, Jean Marie Rodrigues:
Model-based semantic dictionaries for medical language understanding.
- Thomas C. Rindflesch, Lawrence Hunter, Alan R. Aronson:
Mining molecular binding terminology from biomedical text.
- Angelo Rossi Mori, Fabrizio Consorti:
Structures of clinical information in patient records.
- Patrick Ruch, Judith C. Wagner, Pierrette Bouillon, Robert H. Baud, Anne-Marie Rassinoux, Jean-Raoul Scherrer:
MEDTAG: tag-like semantics for medical document indexing.
- Yoon-Ho Seol, Stephen B. Johnson, Justin B. Starren:
Use of the Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) for medical data transformation.
- Rachael Sokolowski, Joachim Dudeck:
XML and its impact on content and structure in electronic health care documents.
- W. D. Solomon, Chris Wroe, Alan L. Rector, Jeremy Rogers, J. L. Fistein, Peter D. Johnson:
A reference terminology for drugs.
- Padmini Srinivasan:
Exploring the UMLS: a rough sets based theoretical framework.
- Suman Sundaresh, Tze-Yun Leong, Peter Haddawy:
Supporting multi-level multi-perspective dynamic decision making in medicine.
- Alain Venot, Catherine Duclos:
Methodology for the analysis and representation of the medical information about drugs in the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC).
- John M. Welton, Edward J. Halloran:
A comparison of nursing and medical diagnoses in predicting hospital outcomes.
- W. John Wilbur, George F. Hazard Jr., Guy Divita, James G. Mork, Alan R. Aronson, Allen C. Browne:
Analysis of biomedical text for chemical names: a comparison of three methods.
- Hong Yu, Carol Friedman, Andrey Rzhetsky, Pauline Kra:
Representing genomic knowledge in the UMLS semantic network.
- Soumeya Achour, Michel Dojat, Claire Rieux, Philippe Bierling, Eric Lepage:
Knowledge acquisition environment for the design of a decision support system: application in blood transfusion.
- Richard Ambrosino, Bruce G. Buchanan:
The use of physician domain knowledge to improve the learning of rule-based models for decision-support.
- Dominik Aronsky, Peter J. Haug:
An integrated decision support system for diagnosing and managing patients with community-acquired pneumonia.
- Urban Bergquist, Ankica Babic:
Aspects of certainty in patient classification using a health-related quality-of-life instrument in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Cungen Cao, Isaac S. Kohane, Neil McIntosh:
Artifact detection in cardiovascular time series monitoring data from preterm infants.
- Rich Caruana, Hooshang Kangarloo, John D. N. Dionisio, Usha Sinha, David B. Johnson:
Case-based explanation of non-case-based learning methods.
- Wendy W. Chapman, Peter J. Haug:
Comparing expert systems for identifying chest x-ray reports that support pneumonia.
- Homer L. Chin, Paul Wallace:
Embedding guidelines into direct physician order entry: simple methods, powerful results.
- Jen-Hsiang Chuang, Robert A. Jenders:
Trial of labor versus elective repeat cesarean section for the women with a previous cesarean section: a decision analysis.
- Isabelle Colombet, Gilles Chatellier, Marie-Christine Jaulent, Patrice Degoulet:
Decision aids for triage of patients with chest pain: a systematic review of field evaluation studies.
- D. Cruz, Mário Seixas:
A surgical pathology system for gross specimen examination.
- Ruth E. Dayhoff, Peter M. Kuzmak, Garrett Kirin, Stuart A. Frank:
Providing a complete online multimedia patient record.
- Stephan Dreiseitl, Lucila Ohno-Machado, Staal A. Vinterbo:
Evaluating variable selection methods for diagnosis of myocardial infarction.
- Thomas D. East, Laura K. Heermann, Richard L. Bradshaw, Alejandra Lugo, R. Matthew Sailors, Lewis E. Ershler, Carrie J. Wallace, Alan H. Morris, Bruce A. McKinley, Alicia Marquez, Alan S. Tonnesen, Lee Parmley, William C. Shoemaker, Peter Meade, P. Thaut, T. Hill, Michael P. Young, J. Baughman, M. Olterman, Valerie J. Gooder, B. Quinn, W. Summer, Vincent G. Valentine, J. Carlson, K. Steinberg:
Efficacy of computerized decision support for mechanical ventilation: results of a prospective multi-center randomized trial.
- Carol Friedman, Charles Knirsch, Lyudmila Shagina, George Hripcsak:
Automating a severity score guideline for community-acquired pneumonia employing medical language processing of discharge summaries.
- Robert A. Greenes, Aziz A. Boxwala, William N. Sloan, Lucila Ohno-Machado, Stephan R. A. Deibel:
A framework and tools for authoring, editing, documenting, sharing, searching, navigating, and executing computer-based clinical guidelines.
- Robert Grundmeier, K. Johnson:
Housestaff attitudes toward computer-based clinical decision support.
- David Harmanec, Tze-Yun Leong, Suman Sundaresh, Kim-Leng Poh, Tseng-Tsai Yeo, Ivan Ng, Thomas W. Lew:
Decision analytic approach to severe head injury management.
- Michael J. Hauan:
JADE: computerization of a structured interview for childhood psychiatric diagnosis.
- William R. Hogan, Michael M. Wagner:
The use of an explanation algorithm in a clinical event monitor.
- Robert A. Jenders, Balendu Dasgupta, Dario Mercedes, Frank Fries, Kevin Stambaugh:
Use of a hospital practice management system to provide initial data for a pediatric immunization registry.
- Ira J. Kalet, J. Wu, M. Lease, Mary M. Austin-Seymour, James F. Brinkley, Cornelius Rosse:
Anatomical information in radiation treatment planning.
- Michael W. Kattan, Paul A. Fearn, Scott B. Cantor, Jim Hu, Mark E. Cowen, R. Brian Giesler, Brian J. Miles:
Telephone interviews vs. workstation sessions for acquiring quality of life data.
- Aik-Hiang Lau, Tze-Yun Leong:
PROBES: a framework for probability elicitation from experts.
- Christel Le Bozec, Marie-Christine Jaulent, Eric Zapletal, Didier Heudes, Patrice Degoulet:
A visual coding system in histopathology and its consensual acquisition.
- Jonathan Lukoff, Robert H. Dolin, Carolyn S. McKinley, Lynne M. Fuller, Paul V. Biron:
Validation of an XML-based process to automatically web-enable clinical practice guidelines: experience with the smoking cessation guideline.
- Subramani Mani, Gregory F. Cooper:
A study in causal discovery from population-based infant birth and death records.
- Lawrence K. McKnight, Peter L. Elkin, Philip V. Ogren, Christopher G. Chute:
Barriers to the clinical implementation of compositionality.
- James E. Miller, Richard M. Reichley, Laura A. McNamee, Sherry A. Steib, Thomas C. Bailey:
Notification of real-time clinical alerts generated by pharmacy expert systems.
- M. L. Mueller, Thomas Ganslandt, Thomas Frankewitsch, C. F. Krieglstein, N. Senninger, Hans-Ulrich Prokosch:
Workflow analysis and evidence-based medicine: towards integration of knowledge-based functions in hospital information systems.
- Martin J. O'Connor, Samson W. Tu, Mark A. Musen:
Applying temporal joins to clinical databases.
- Lucila Ohno-Machado, Samuel J. Wang, Perry Mar, Aziz A. Boxwala:
Decision support for clinical trial eligibility determination in breast cancer.
- Russell K. Pearl, Ray Evenhouse, Mary Rasmussen, Fred Dech, Jonathan C. Silverstein, Sean Prokasy, Walter Panko:
The Virtual Pelvic Floor, a tele-immersive educational environment.
- Andrew V. Poliakov, Kevin P. Hinshaw, Cornelius Rosse, James F. Brinkley:
Integration and visualization of multimodality brain data for language mapping.
- Stephen C. Porter, Kenneth D. Mandl:
Data quality and the electronic medical record: a role for direct parental data entry.
- Ian N. Purves, Bob Sugden, Nick Booth, Mike Sowerby:
The PRODIGY project-the iterative development of the release one model.
- Cheryl A. Reilly:
Examining the symptom experience of hospitalized patients using a pen-based computer.
- Daniel L. Rubin, John H. Gennari, Sandra Srinivas, Allen Yuen, Herbert Kaizer, Mark A. Musen, John S. Silva:
Tool support for authoring eligibility criteria for cancer trials.
- Annette M. Savage:
Framework for characterizing data and identifying anomalies in health care databases.
- Roy Schoenberg, Daniel Z. Sands, Charles Safran:
Making ICU alarms meaningful: a comparison of traditional vs. trend-based algorithms.
- Brigitte Séroussi, Jacques Bouaud, Éric-Charles Antoine:
Users' evaluation of OncoDoc, a breast cancer therapeutic guideline delivered at the point of care.
- Irina Shablinsky, Justin Starren, Carol Friedman:
What do ER physicians really want? A method for elucidating ER information needs.
- Ravi D. Shankar, Mark A. Musen:
Justification of automated decision-making: medical explanations as medical arguments.
- Dean F. Sittig, Gilad J. Kuperman, Julie M. Fiskio:
Evaluating physician satisfaction regarding user interactions with an electronic medical record system.
- Duane Steward, Klemens Meyer:
Can we assess utility using the patient's own words?
- Ali Gerhard Tafazzoli, Udo Altmann, Werner Wächter, Frank Rüdiger Katz, Simon Hölzer, Joachim Dudeck:
Integrated knowledge-based functions in a hospital cancer registry-specific requirements for routine applicability.
- Jonathan M. Teich, Anna M. Petronzio, Julia R. Gerner, Diane L. Seger, C. Shek, J. Fanikos:
An information system to promote intravenous-to-oral medication conversion.
- Samson W. Tu, Mark A. Musen:
A flexible approach to guideline modeling.
- Günter Tusch:
An optimization model for sequential decision-making applied to risk prediction after liver resection and transplantation.
- James Z. Wang, John Nguyen, Kin-Koi Lo, Christine Law, Donald P. Regula:
Multiresolution browsing of pathology images using wavelets.
- Stephen S. Wang, Justin Starren:
A Java speech implementation of the Mini Mental Status Exam.
- H. Warner Jr., L. Reimer, D. Suvinier, L. Li, M. Nelson:
Modeling empiric antibiotic therapy evaluation of QID.
- James R. Warren, Ben Posey, Thomas Thornton, Pirouz Parang:
Can computer autoacquisition of medical information meet the needs of the future? A feasibility study in direct computation of the fine grained electronic medical record.
- James R. Warren, Patrick Bolton:
Intelligent split menus for data entry: a simulation study in general practice medicine.
- Adam B. Wilcox, George Hripcsak:
Classification algorithms applied to narrative reports.
- Susan A. Abookire, Jonathan M. Teich, David W. Bates:
An institution-based process to ensure clinical software quality.
- James G. Anderson, Linda L. Casebeer, Robert Kristofco:
Medcast: evaluation of an intelligent pull technology to support the information needs of physicians.
- Joan S. Ash, Paul N. Gorman, William R. Hersh, Mary Lavelle, Susan B. Poulsen:
Perceptions of house officers who use physician order entry.
- Fred M. Behlen, Stephen B. Johnson:
Security architecture for multi-site patient records research.
- Dyan R. Blewett, G. Octo Barnett, Henry C. Chueh:
Experience with an electronic health record for a homeless population.
- Steven H. Brown:
No free lunch: institutional preparations for computer-based patient records.
- Katherine A. Caton, William R. Hersh, James B. Williams:
Implementation and evaluation of a virtual learning center for distributed education.
- Betty L. Chang, Robert B. Trelease:
Education of health professionals using a proposed telehealth system.
- Christopher Cimino:
Bringing a virtual library to a small group classroom.
- H. Dominic Covvey, Janice E. MacNeill:
The need for a skills-focussed applied healthcare informatics curriculum.
- Parvati Dev, Andrew Winzelberg, Angela Celio, C. Barr Taylor:
Student bodies: psycho-education communities on the web.
- John David N. Dionisio, Usha Sinha, Benjamin Y. Dai, David B. Johnson, Ricky K. Taira:
Initial experiences with building a health care infrastructure based on Java and object-oriented database technology.
- Stephen M. Downs, Farah Marasigan, Vijoy Abraham, Barbara M. Wildemuth, Charles P. Friedman:
Scoring performance on computer-based patient simulations: beyond value of information.
- Cynthia S. Gadd, Charles P. Friedman, G. Douglas, D. J. Miller:
Information resources assessment of a healthcare integrated delivery system.
- Evelyn J. S. Hovenga:
Using multi media to enhance a flexible learning program: lessons learned.
- Kevin B. Johnson, Russell D. Ravert, Andrea Everton:
Internet TV set-top devices for web-based projects: smooth sailing or rough surfing?
- Josette Jones:
Development of a self-assessment method for patients to evaluate health information on the Internet.
- Hooshang Kangarloo, John David N. Dionisio, Usha Sinha, David B. Johnson, Ricky K. Taira:
Process models for telehealth: an industrial approach to quality management of distant medical practice.
- Joseph L. Kannry, Carlton Moore:
MediSign: using a web-based SignOut System to improve provider identification.
- Bonnie Kaplan, Ramesh Farzanfar, Robert H. Friedman:
Ethnographic interviews to elicit patients' reactions to an intelligent interactive telephone health behavior advisor system.
- Sara Kim, James F. Brinkley, Cornelius Rosse:
Design features of on-line anatomy information resources: a comparison with the Digital Anatomist.
- Matthew D. Koff, Julie J. McGowan:
MedSpanish: a language tool for the emergency department.
- Rita Kukafka, Yves A. Lussier, Vimla L. Patel, James J. Cimino:
Modeling patient response to acute myocardial infarction: implications for a tailored technology-based program to reduce patient delay.
- Christoph U. Lehmann, B. Nguyen, George R. Kim, Kevin B. Johnson, Harold P. Lehmann:
Restricted natural language processing for case simulation tools.
- K. S. Lytle, D. W. Bailey, K. F. Dorman, M. K. Moos:
Just a beta...
- Rolf E. Nikula:
Organizational and technological insight as important factors for successful implementation of IT.
- Thomas H. Payne:
The transition to automated practitioner order entry in a teaching hospital: the VA Puget Sound experience.
- Janne Pearson, Ray B. Jones, Alison Cawsey, Sandra McGregor, Ann Barrett, W. Harper Gilmour, Jacqueline M. Atkinson, Jim McEwen:
The accessibility of information systems for patients: use of touchscreen information systems by 345 patients with cancer in Scotland.
- Peter J. Porcelli, David F. Lobach:
Integration of clinical decision support with on-line encounter documentation for well child care at the point of care.
- Jon Rogers, Nilesh L. Jain, Glyn M. Hayes:
Evaluation of an implementation of PRODIGY phase two.
- R. Matthew Sailors, Thomas D. East:
Clinical informatics: 2000 and beyond.
- Jane R. Schubart, Jonathan S. Einbinder:
Evaluation of a data warehouse in an academic health sciences center.